←

Activity

Mrinal Kumar

Post Mrinal
Today I solved Letter Combinations of a Phone Number using JavaScript and a classic Backtracking approach.

Today I solved Letter Combinations of a Phone Number using JavaScript and a classic Backtracking approach.

The problem is simple to understand but great for practicing recursion. Each digit from 2 to 9 represents a set of letters, similar to the keys on a traditional phone keypad. For example, 2 maps to abc and 3 maps to def. For the input "23", the expected combinations are: ["ad","ae","af","bd","be","bf","cd","ce","cf"] 💡 Approach I first created a phoneMap object to store the letter mapping for eac…

8
Post Mrinal
Another LeetCode problem solved and accepted! ✅

Another LeetCode problem solved and accepted! ✅

Today I worked on the Valid Parentheses problem, a classic problem that tests stack-based problem-solving and logical thinking. The goal is simple: determine whether a string containing (), {}, and [] is valid. A string is valid when every opening bracket has the correct closing bracket, and the brackets are properly nested. I solved this using a Stack in JavaScript. Whenever an opening bracket a…

8
Post Mrinal
Solved another LeetCode problem: Longest Common Prefix 🚀

Solved another LeetCode problem: Longest Common Prefix 🚀

Today’s challenge was to find the longest common prefix shared by all strings in an array. I implemented the solution in JavaScript and successfully passed all 126 test cases. The approach is straightforward and easy to understand. I started with the first string as the reference and compared each of its characters with the corresponding character in every other string. If a character does not ma…

8
Post Mrinal
Today I solved LeetCode #20 – Valid Parentheses using JavaScript and successfully passed all 103 test cases! 🎯

Today I solved LeetCode #20 – Valid Parentheses using JavaScript and successfully passed all 103 test cases! 🎯

The problem looks simple at first, but it is a great example of how choosing the right data structure can make a solution both clean and efficient. The goal is to determine whether a string containing (), {}, and [] is valid. Every opening bracket must have the correct closing bracket, and brackets must close in the proper order. I solved it using a Stack. The approach is straightforward: Create …

7
Post Mrinal
Merge Two Sorted Lists — Solved in JavaScript

Merge Two Sorted Lists — Solved in JavaScript

Today I solved LeetCode 21: Merge Two Sorted Lists, a classic linked-list problem that is great for strengthening pointer manipulation and understanding how linked lists work. The goal is simple: given two sorted linked lists, merge them into a single sorted linked list. For example: Input: List 1: [1,2,4] List 2: [1,3,4] Output: [1,1,2,3,4,4] I solved this using a dummy node and a current pointe…

7
Post Mrinal
Successfully solved the Integer to Roman problem in JavaScript and got an Accepted result with all 3999/3999 test cases passed! 🎉

Successfully solved the Integer to Roman problem in JavaScript and got an Accepted result with all 3999/3999 test cases passed! 🎉

The approach uses a greedy algorithm with Roman numeral values arranged from largest to smallest, including special combinations such as: 1000 → M 900 → CM 500 → D 400 → CD 100 → C 90 → XC 50 → L 40 → XL 10 → X 9 → IX 5 → V 4 → IV 1 → I The algorithm repeatedly checks whether the current number is greater than or equal to a Roman numeral value. If it is, that symbol is added to the result and the…

8
1
Post Mrinal
Another LeetCode Problem Solved! | Roman to Integer

Another LeetCode Problem Solved! | Roman to Integer

Consistency is the key to becoming a better programmer, and today I’m excited to share another successful milestone in my coding journey! 🎯I successfully solved the Roman to Integer problem on LeetCode using JavaScript, achieving an Accepted status with all 3999 test cases passed.🔍 What I Learned:The problem focuses on converting Roman numerals into their corresponding integer values. Roman numer…

5
Post Mrinal
LeetCode Progress: Palindrome Number | JavaScript

LeetCode Progress: Palindrome Number | JavaScript

Another problem solved and another step forward in my coding journey! 💻Today, I successfully solved LeetCode Problem 9: Palindrome Number using JavaScript.The challenge was to determine whether a given integer reads the same forward and backward.For example:✅ Input: 121 → Output: true❌ Input: -121 → Output: false❌ Input: 10 → Output: false💡 My ApproachI used a mathematical approach to reverse the…

4
Post Mrinal
Another coding problem successfully solved!

Another coding problem successfully solved!

Today’s challenge was LeetCode – Zigzag Conversion, a great problem for practicing string manipulation, arrays, loops, and direction-based traversal in JavaScript. The problem gives us a string and a number of rows. We need to arrange the characters in a zigzag pattern and then read the characters row by row to generate the final string. For example: PAYPALISHIRING With numRows = 3, the character…

6
Post Mrinal
Today’s coding challenge was LeetCode – Longest Palindromic Substring.

Today’s coding challenge was LeetCode – Longest Palindromic Substring.

The goal is simple but interesting: given a string s, find the longest substring that reads the same forward and backward. For example: Input: "babad" Output: "bab" or "aba" 💡 Approach: Expand Around Center Instead of generating every possible substring and checking whether it is a palindrome, I used the Expand Around Center technique. Every palindrome has a center: Odd-length palindrome → one ch…

6
Post Mrinal
Today’s coding practice focused on a classic LeetCode problem: Longest Substring Without Repeating Characters.

Today’s coding practice focused on a classic LeetCode problem: Longest Substring Without Repeating Characters.

The goal is simple but requires a smart approach: given a string, find the length of the longest substring that contains no repeated characters. For example: "abcabcbb" → 3 ("abc") "bbbbb" → 1 ("b") "pwwkew" → 3 ("wke") Instead of checking every possible substring, I solved it using the Sliding Window + Hash Map technique. 💡 How the approach works I maintain two important variables: 🔹 start — rep…

6
Post Mrinal
Today, I successfully solved the “Add Two Numbers” problem on LeetCode using JavaScript.

Today, I successfully solved the “Add Two Numbers” problem on LeetCode using JavaScript.

The problem involves adding two numbers represented by linked lists, where each node contains a single digit. The digits are stored in reverse order, and the result must also be returned as a linked list. For example: Input: l1 = [2,4,3] l2 = [5,6,4] Output: [7,0,8] This problem may look simple at first, but it requires careful handling of several important concepts: 🔹 Linked List Traversal I lea…

7